At Blue Water Spa, we treat our Long Island clientele with the best and most effective technology for long-term results from laser hair removal which is why we offer the Cynosure Elite Aesthetic Laser for our customized service
About the Cynosure Elite Aesthetic Laser
The Elite removes unwanted hair with unsurpassed efficacy and client comfort. That's because its revolutionary technology combines two optimal wavelengths in one system: the 755-nm Alexandrite laser and the 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser.
Since you can switch between wavelengths during a single procedure, you can select the most appropriate laser for any given hair or skin type. You can also perform multiple procedures on the same client during the same visit. As such, you won't have to compromise performance capabilities—and you won't have to purchase two separate laser hair removal systems to ensure both optimal results and client safety. What's more, you'll be able to administer treatments in significantly less time than with a single-wavelength product. Blue Water Spa uses the best laser hair removal technology available. The Cynosure is the most safe and effective for all skin types by including two laser systems and utilizing a Cryo (zimmer) cooler which uses cool air to reduce any discomfort.Easy, Safe, Effective And Fast
- The 755-nm wavelength has high melanin absorption characteristics and proven long-term results for permanent hair reduction and pigmented lesion removal.
- The high-powered 1064-nm Nd:YAG is the safest wavelength for permanent hair reduction on darker skin types and tanned skin. It is also the wavelength of choice for treatment of facial and leg veins—the most common form of vascular lesions.
- The Elite delivers high fluence from large spot sizes-ensuring deeper penetration, faster treatment sessions and optimal results.
- By enabling you to safely and effectively perform multiple applications, the Elite helps increase your client throughput—resulting in a more productive and profitable practice.
- Unlike equipment with predetermined parameters, the Elite includes a variety of spot sizes and adjustable pulse durations—allowing you to customize treatments to accommodate your clients' specific needs.
- Best Laser Hair Removal Technology
- Safe and Effective Treatment for All Skin Types
- State-of-the-Art Cooling System
- Effective Anti-Aging Treatments for Redness and Wrinkles
Why Laser Hair Removal?
Some people find their unwanted hair so embarrassing and inconvenient that it compromises their happiness. Today’s culture laughs at the look of unsightly body hair on parts of the body that make it seem out of place. Many men have been ridiculed for the hair on their backs, and women for hair under their armpits. For a long time, shaving and waxing were the best alternative to avoid unwanted body hair. Many men and women find they have to shave on a daily basis in order to maintain a groomed look. If long-lasting hair removal is your goal, this method is not for you. Waxing is a more barbaric form of dealing with unwanted body hair, and it can also be messy, difficult to get consistent results, and you must be careful to avoid infections. Laser hair removal is the most state-of-the-art and high-tech method in removing unwanted hair for longer and even indefinite periods of time. It is the only proven method available for easily removing hair from large areas of the body including the back, chest, legs and face. Laser hair removal is effective, precise and cost efficient.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
If you’re interested in laser hair removal, it’s important, as a first step, to learn how it works. Laser hair removal technology is the use of an invisible beam of light and a constant source of heat that penetrates the hair follicle, disabling and then destroying it at its root while preserving the surrounding skin.
The procedure of removing unwanted hair is simply targeting the follicle and then directing the laser beam at its root. The hair removal process begins as the laser beam finds the hair follicle that it is targeting by first finding the melanin (the dark color of the hair).
Who Can Benefit From Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal works on all skin types but hair that is red or grey in color is almost impossible to treat. Check to see if laser hair removal is right for you.
Are There Any Problems With Laser Hair Removal?
Unlike other hair removal methods such as electrolysis, waxing and, of course, shaving, laser hair removal is the most state-of-the-art and high-tech method in removing unwanted hair for longer (and even indefinite) periods of time. It is the only proven method available for easily removing hair from mass areas of the body including back, chest, legs and face. Laser hair removal is effective, precise and cost efficient.
The laser simply and directly pinpoints the root of the hair and removes it from the body. Although the process is precise and beneficial, i t can be irritating to the skin — therefore it is important that numbing cream is applied to the area, and a cooling device is utilized throughout the procedure for comfort. These cooling systems also prevent the laser beam from causing harm or discomfort to the surrounding skin.
What Are The Types of Lasers Used For Hair Removal?
There are currently four types of lasers for hair removal:
- Alexandrite – The Alexandrite laser has a shorter wavelength system compared to other types of lasers and works quickly. It is best for light skinned individuals because it can lighten the pigment of dark skin.
- Ruby – such as the EpiTouch or Epilaser: The Ruby laser is the oldest type of laser used in hair removal. It is best for people with light or fine hair and fair skin. Compared to newer lasers, the Ruby covers a smaller area and can be more time-consuming.
- Diode – The Diode laser has a longer wavelength of light compared to the Alexandrite or Ruby. The Diode penetrates into the hair follicle without causing as much epidermal injury as lasers with shorter wave lengths. The Diode laser has a fast repetition rate, meaning it can treat large areas of the body quickly.
- ND and LP Yag - The ND and LD ND Yag laser has the longest wavelength and is therefore capable of treating all skin pigments. This laser can be used to treat a large area quickly.
Each of these lasers has been FDA-approved for laser hair removal. They are proven effective, fast and safe methods for successful hair removal and permanent hair reduction. Your dermatologist will select which laser is appropriate for your hair and skin type as well as the amount of hair you wish to remove. Compared to shaving or waxing, all four types of lasers for hair removal provide longer lasting results with less frequent maintenance.
What to Expect During and After Treatment
It’s comforting to know what you’ll experience during and after your laser hair treatment sessions. During laser hair removal, you’ll wear goggles so your eyes won’t be exposed to light from the laser. At first, you will likely feel a stinging sensation, indicating that the laser has been activated. The treatment involves a series of impulses that cause prickling and a slight burning sensation. Your clinician may also apply a topical anesthetic to the area being treated to minimize discomfort, but most people can tolerate the procedure without it. Some people have likened the feeling to that of a rubber band snapping against your skin. You might also detect the smell of singed hair, which is nothing to worry about.
The procedure can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours depending on the work you are having done. The smaller the area, the less time is involved, whereas a larger area, such as the back, may require several hours. After laser hair removal, you may experience brief swelling and redness. Some people feel stinging and you may also experience a slight crusting of the skin. If the latter occurs, petroleum jelly (Vaseline) should be used to moisten the affected area. Typically, most people don’t have much redness at all. Don’t expect, 20 however, that all the hair will fall out right away — it may take as long as two weeks after treatment.
For the most part, you can return to your normal routine immediately, though you should avoid direct sun exposure. Be sure to use sunscreen with a high SPF. Some doctors also advise that you avoid exercise and strenuous activity for the first 24 hours so as not to perspire and cause increased irritation. You should continue to avoid direct sun exposure and tanning booths for several weeks after treatment. Be careful when touching the treated areas: don’t wax or pluck hairs, pick at the skin, or rub or scrub it. A gentle washing with soap and water is perfectly fine.
The most cost effective way to save money with laser hair removal is to purchase a Laser Hair Removal Package. Our packages come with (6) pre-paid sessions and offer a significant discount over A La Carte treatments. For pricing information and to setup a free consultation, please call the spa at 516-584-6800