ACNE TEEN TREATMENTS
ACNE TEEN TREATMENTS
Everybody's acne is different so we will approach your skin with care specific for your skin type. We will provide you with the education as to why your skin breaks out along with an at home treatment program to combat the difficulties of acneic skin.
Too often dermatologists prescribe multiple precriptions and antibiotics, which are expensive, confusing, and not always efficent. We believe that the best way to rid yourself of acne is to remove the impactions under your skin with exfoliants and facials, and then use the combination of calming soothing products that heal your blemishes and prescription products that kill bacteria and dry out your sebaceous activity.
The Acne facial addresses the primary concern of acneic clients, i.e. bacteria control, excessive oil production and gentile exfoliation. We utilize a unique combination of enzymes, sulfur, and probiotics as an alternative to traditional methods.
This method of exfoliation gently yet effectively removes old dead skin that is often a culprit in blemished skin. Depending on the type of acne that you have, we will choose the following appropriate steps, whether it be soothing and calming of the acne inflammation, or adding a facial to remove the impactions of dirt, sebum, and dead skin underneath the surface. 30 MINUTES LED
Teen Facials use enzymes and or light acids that exfoliate the dead surface skin, we then steam to soften the impactions, so removing the blackheads and pimples are easy and painless. Customized with a calming and soothing mask and it ends with an application of High Frequency which kills the bacteria on the surface and prevents the extracted pimple from reoccuring.
*Depending on the severity of the skin, we may ask that we see the teen once a week or every other week until we have thoroughly removed all impactions, so the home treatment products can prevent further breakouts and not have to treat existing ones. We feel that it works the best with this protocol.
Radiant skin on the back and the shoulders are a vital part of skin health. Our back facials include deep pore celansing and steam to lift impurities, followed by gentle extraction and a specialized treatment mask.
What is the Environ Cool Peel?
Environ peels are based on physiology of skin; it should be protected and treated very well. If the skin is aggressively peeled this disrupts the skins natural barrier and water will easily be lost. This would enable environmental toxins to enter the skin more easily. The Environ peel removes the excess horny layer of the skin and maintains the water-proofing barrier qualities of the skin. Environ Peels are ideal for hydrating and refining.
How does the Environ Cool Peel Work?
Environ have a variety of peeling systems, using acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions. These peels preserve as much epidermis as possible while at the same time, getting the safest effective concentration of hydronium ions into the dermis. These peels are designed to preserve the architecture of the skin simultaneously stimulating the fibroblasts in the dermis to increase the quantity of collagen in the dermis.
What skin issues is Environ’s Cool Peel is Effective?
• Relieves problematic skin conditions (including acne-prone skin)
• Promotes collagen formation
• Improves the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
• Skin prone to redness
• Helps refine the texture of sun damaged skin
How many Peels are needed?
A course of 6-8 treatments may be recommended.
Environ peels on the face are approximately 45 minutes. However, this will vary if it’s combined with another treatment.
How long after an Environ Cool Peel may I return to normal activities?
Make-up can be applied immediately. You may experience mild redness following your peel. One to three days following your procedure, you may notice mild to moderate peeling of the skin.
Advantages of the Environ Peel:
• Versatile system
• Can be customized
• No downtime
• Cool and painless
How is Environ Cool Peel Different?
Environ is different from other peels, because Environ pioneered the production of acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions. Strong acid solutions are usually colorless; one might end up doing a deeper peel than intended. When a strong acid is applied to the skin it burns a great deal. The cool peel is cool, no burning sensation.
Environ made the peels as a white cream:
• The concentration of acid used is low, so one cannot make a peel too deep
• The product is left on the skin for a longer time – this will give the same effects as a strong concentration of acid without damaging the skin.
• A thicker layer can be applied, which would present more acid to the skin than a thin layer will – hence the peel can be made deeper if required, but this can be controlled.
• The white cream allows the therapist to see exactly where the acid has been applied, and also determine the thickness of the application.
Effects of Peeling
• Acne less active
• Refines enlarged pores
• Blackheads melted / removed
• The skin becomes smoother
• Healthy cells survive
• Damaged cells are removed
• Promotes collagen formation
• Reduces inflammation
Algenate Mask $20
This mask cools (as it absorbs heat) and soothes the skin. It restores the pH to normal levels and physically obstructs trans-epidermal water loss thus promoting hydration of the skin. Its cooling effect reduces redness and the effects of acne. This facial is suited for all skin types as it increases the skin's vitality, brightens and restores a healthy look.
• Avoid sun exposure, including sun beds, for a minimum of 1-week
• Avoid strenuous exercise or swimming for 24-hours
• No waxing, extractions, electrolysis, radiation therapy or microdermabrasion for at least 1-week.
• Don’t rub, pick or irritate skin
• Do not use any AHAs, BHAs, or any type of exfoliating mask for 24-hours.
• Moisturize the skin day and night.
• Use sunscreen.
Contra-indications to Peeling
• Sun worshippers / sunbed users
• Accutane--avoid for 6 – 12 months prior to peel
• Recent microdermabrasion
• Skin diseases
• Radiation treatment or traumatized skin
• Fever blisters (not a contra-indication but an outbreak can occur)